1. The FDA found that Aluminum was Causing Neurological Delays in Premature Babies and Dementia in Kidney Dialysis Patients. AND the FDA found that "Aluminum toxicity is difficult to identify in infants because few reliable techniques are available to evaluate bone metabolism in premature infants. . . Although aluminum toxicity is not commonly detected clinically, it can be serious in selected patient populations, such as NEONATES, and may be more common than is recognized." As a result of this finding, the FDA requires IV feeding solutions to contain no more than 25 mcg of aluminum per liter of solution. The Hep B vaccine given to newborns contains 250 mcg of aluminum...
Some people argue that the amount of aluminum in vaccines is safe because soy baby formula contains much more aluminum than the vaccines. HOWEVER, "Only a minute proportion of the aluminium we ingest from these various sources is absorbed by the body", but vaccines are injected into muscle tissue where 100% of the contents are absorbed and have to be filtered out by the kidneys. This explains why the FDA's limit for injectable solutions is 25 mcg, but extra-strength antacid tablets still contain 160,000 mcg (labeled on the package as 160 mg).
2. Aluminum Causes Dementia
"IT IS NOW GENERALLY ACCEPTED that aluminum is the toxic etiological factor in the dialysis encephalopathy syndrome. The mechanism by which aluminum acts as a neurotoxin is not clearly defined. It has been proposed that aluminum acts as a neurotoxin by inhibition of dihyropteridine reductase. This would reduce the brain content of tetrahydrobiopterin, tyrosin and neuro-transmitters. The neurotoxicity of aluminum alternatively may involve alterations in the major postsynaptic enzymes of cholinergic neurotransmission. Aluminum inhibits choline transport in erythrocytes and decreases choline acetyltransferase activity in nerve tissue. Aluminum has also been reported to inhibit cytosolic and mitochondrial hexokinase activities in rat brain and thus reduce carbohydrate utilization. The concentrations of aluminum used in these latter experiments were comparable to those found in the brains of patients who had died from dialysis encephalopathy."
3. Dialysis dementia was first proposed to be "due to aluminum intoxication because they found increased aluminum content in brain, muscle, and bone tissues of affected patients; the brain gray-matter aluminum content was higher in ALL of their patients with the [dialysis dementia] syndrome than in any of the controls or other uremics." 
Keeping that in mind, I wonder if this next finding is just a coincidence or does it suggest causalty?
"In the normal brain, larger amounts of gray matter are associated with higher IQs," Dr. Ashtari said. "But in the autistic brain, increased gray matter does not correspond to IQ, because this gray matter is not functioning properly."
4. Aluminum Affects Mitochondrial Functions
"Aluminum toxicity is associated with mitochondrial dysfunction and the production of react: Compared with the control treatment without Al, the accumulation of Al in tobacco cells caused instantaneously the repression of mitochondrial activities [monitored by the reduction of 3-(4,5-dimethylthiazol-2-yl)-2,5-diphenyl tetrazolium bromide and the uptake of Rhodamine 123] and, after a lag of about 12 h, triggered reactive oxygen species (ROS) production, respiration inhibition, ATP depletion, and the loss of growth capability almost simultaneously. The presence of an antioxidant, butylated hydroxyanisol, during Al treatment of SL cells prevented not only ROS production but also ATP depletion and the loss of growth capability, suggesting that the Al-triggered ROS production seems to be a cause of ATP depletion and the loss of growth capability. Furthermore, these three late events were similarly repressed in an Al-tolerant cell line (ALT301) isolated from SL cells, suggesting that the acquisition of antioxidant functions mimicking butylated hydroxyanisol can be a mechanism of Al tolerance. In the pea root, Al also triggered ROS production, respiration inhibition, and ATP depletion, which were all correlated with inhibition of root elongation. Taken together, we conclude that Al affects mitochondrial functions, which leads to ROS production, probably the key critical event in Al inhibition of cell growth." 
"Reactive oxygen species (ROS) are ions or very small molecules that include oxygen ions, free radicals, and peroxides, both inorganic and organic. They are highly reactive due to the presence of unpaired valence shell electrons. ROS form as a natural byproduct of the normal metabolism of oxygen and have important roles in cell signaling. However, during times of environmental stress [neurotoxins in vaccines??] ROS levels can increase dramatically, which can result in significant damage to cell structures. This cumulates into a situation known as oxidative stress. They are also generated by exogenous sources such as ionizing radiation." 
Many children with autism have high levels of oxidative stress and depleted ATP.
5. Aluminum Toxicity causes neurological delays and thin bones. Children with autism have both of these symptoms. The CDC says that large amounts of aluminum have been shown to cause neurological and skeletal delays in unborn and developing animals.  The CDC also cites a study that found a "statistically valid" association between children with autism and thin bones. This study said that even the boys who were NOT on a casein-free diet had thinner bones than the control group. This surprised the researchers because they expected the group with autism to have thicker bones since they on average weighed more than the control group.  Aluminum that is absorbed by the body is usually excreted in the urine or deposited in bone, "which acts as a 'sink' to remove aluminium". 
6. In 1983, children were only given 5 doses of aluminum-containing vaccines by 2 years. Now, children receive 18 doses by 18 months (13 doses by 6 months). Use of this much aluminum in babies is too new to say that there is a proven record of safety. For information on which vaccines contain aluminum and when they were added to the schedule, click here.
7. Aluminum Damages the Blood Brain Barrier
"Our present studies suggest that aluminum increases the permeability of BBB by changing its ultrastructure and the expression of occludin and F-actin. Zinc can protect the integrity of BBB in juvenile rats that are exposed to aluminum and inhibit the decrease of tight junction protein occludin and F-actin expression in BBB." 
Children with an impaired metal efflux ability would have more trouble than their peers eliminating the aluminum in vaccines, and most children with autism have low zinc levels, which would leave their BBB's unprotected against the damaging effects of the aluminum that accumulates in their systems. This combinination could conceivably make this subgroup of the population extremely vulnerable to the neurotoxic metals in vaccines.
Additionally, children with autism also have low concentrations of metallothionein, which is necessary for detoxifying heavy metals and for immune function. Weakened immune function would also make these children more vulnerable than their peers to live-virus vaccines.
Even though the MMR does not contain aluminum or mercury, it does contain LIVE measels virus and other toxic ingredients. So giving this vaccine to a child whose BBB is damaged (more permeable), AND who has a weakened immune system, sounds pretty dangerous to me.